Fire hydrant meters are used to measure the volume of water withdrawn from fire hydrants. These meters are available for issuance to customers through the Benbrook Water Authority's (BWA) main office at 1121 Mercedes Street in Benbrook.
Fire Hydrant Meter Fees
Meters are issued upon receipt of a deposit and completion of a service application. Associated fees for fire hydrant meters are as follows:
- Inside Service Area (water is to be used within BWA boundaries):
- Deposit: $2,200 ($600 non-refundable)
- Standard commercial water rates charged for water used
- Outside Service Area (water is to be used outside BWA boundaries):
- Deposit: $2,200 ($1,000 non-refundable)
- 1.5 times the standard commercial water rate charged for water used
Meters are issued with:
- Backflow prevention assembly
- Locking device
- Meter stand
The customer is responsible for ensuring the security of fire hydrant meters and will be charged for any lost, stolen, or damaged equipment.
For more information on fire hydrant meters, please contact us at 817-249-1250.