What is a water main break? What do I do if there is one in my neighborhood?

If you see water running down the street in your neighborhood, especially when it hasn’t been raining, this could indicate a water main break. First, you should report this event at (817) 249-1250; don’t assume that your neighbor will. We will dispatch a crew to the site, which usually takes 4-5 hours to repair. Before we put those lines back into use, the water is flushed and disinfected. The customer portal is the best way to receive notifications about water main breaks in your area. Sign up here.

Show All Answers

1. When can I water my lawn?
2. What are backflow prevention devices?
3. Why do I sometimes see Benbrook Water Authority employees open fire hydrants?
4. What can I flush down the toilet and put down the drain?
5. How can I manage my water use?
6. What is the relationship between the City of Benbrook and Benbrook Water Authority?
7. Why do you charge for trash and recycling services?
8. How is my water meter read?
9. Where does my water come from? How is it treated?
10. What do I do if I have a sewer backup at my home?
11. What is a water main break? What do I do if there is one in my neighborhood?
12. How do I get access to Baja Beach at Benbrook Lake?
13. Why wasn’t my trash/recycling/brush/bulk items picked up on trash day?
14. What causes taste and odor in my water?
15. Why is my water cloudy?
16. Why was my water shut off without notice?
17. What are sanitary sewer overflows?